Thursday, September 24, 2009

And Away We Go!

So I got this idea about a week ago .... right after we saw "Julie and Julia"... that I should write a blog. (jeez, I wonder where THAT came from) Since my passion is cooking and I have spent the better part of 40+ years as a frustrated writer, I figured that a blog about cooking and food might just ease my angst a bit and give me an outlet for some of the crazy ideas whackin' around in my head. Of course, along the way I might just impart an idea or two that could help those frustrated cooks out there cope with the every day chore of figuring out what they can cook that's nutritious, tasty and interesting without costing an "arm and a leg".

I admit, I have few credentials when it comes to "main-stream" culinary expertise. Of course, I've been the chief cook and bottle washer for a family of five for the better part of twenty five years. And, along the way, I wrote a BBQ sauce cook book, won several awards at regional chili cook-offs and even earned a couple of blue ribbons for my chutney at the local county fair. But, Emeril Lagasse
I am not!

So, if I can, occasionally, pass along to you an idea that makes your life a little easier or even marginally more interesting, that's reward enough for me. In the meantime, please excuse my rattling on ..... it will add a source of amusement to my day and help me sleep better. That's certainly more than enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment